The Uxbridge Cosmos an award-winning hyperlocal weekly newspaper that provides readers with updates on the news and events taking place throughout the Township of Uxbridge. We cover a wide range of topics, including municipal politics, sports, entertainment, the arts and cultural events, as well as cover the stories, accomplishments and milestones of people in our community.
- colorful design and eye-catching photography
- newspaper printed on quality paper, offering a clean look and feel
- delivery directly to your mailbox, or available for pickup at convenient locations throughout the township
Why the Cosmos?
- Local owner. Local content. Local news. Local contributors.
- Colorful design and eye-catching photography
- Newspaper printed on quality paper, offering a clean look and feel
- We support the outreach of service groups & organizations within the township
The Uxbridge Cosmos is published every Thursday. 8,800 copies are delivered by Canada Post and 700 are made available in stores and boxes around the Township.
Distribution includes the following areas:
- :: Coppins Corners
- :: Goodwood
- :: Greenbank
- :: Leaskdale
- :: Mount Albert (partial)
- :: Sandford
- :: Stouffville (partial)
- :: Sunderland (partial)
- :: Udora
- :: Uxbridge
- :: Wagner Lake
- :: Zephyr
- Canadian Community Newspaper Award for Outstanding Community Service 2019 – Second Place
- Ontario Community Newspapers Association 2018 Better Newspaper Competition, “Community Service” – First Place
- Ontario Community Newspapers Association 2018 Better Newspaper Competition, “Humor Columnist of the Year” for Lisha Van Nieuwenhove – Third Place
- Ontario Community Newspapers Association 2017 Better Newspaper Competition, ” Best Rural Story” – First Place